A faulty door seal on your washing machine can cause leaks and water damage, so it's important to fix it as soon as possible. Changing the door seal is a relatively simple repair that you can do yourself, as long as you have the right tools and a replacement seal.
Before you start, it's important to gather the following tools:
- Replacement door seal
Once you have all your tools and the replacement seal, you can begin the repair process:
- Remove the washing machine door. Depending on your washing machine, you may need to remove screws or clips to do this.
- Remove the old door seal. Use the pliers to gently pull the seal away from the door.
- Clean the door and the seal opening. Use a soft cloth to remove any dirt or debris from the door and the seal opening.
- Install the new door seal. Line up the new seal with the opening and press it into place.
- Reassemble the washing machine door. Replace the screws or clips to secure the door in place.
- Test the seal. Fill the washing machine with water and check for any leaks.
Changing a washing machine door seal is a simple repair that can save you money by avoiding the need for professional service. Just be sure to follow these steps carefully and use caution when working with the washing machine door. If you're not comfortable with this repair, it's best to call a professional for help.